Seguin Council June 20, 2016 eAgenda
Seguin’s Customer Service Survey
Seguin’s Strategic Plan details Efficient and Effective Service Delivery. It is important to measure service delivery and commit to continuous improvement. Your input helps to implement a team-building atmosphere that will enhance work processes and improve internal and external communications, leading to the efficient and cost-effective delivery of services.
Here is a link to an online customer Service Survey to provide feedback to help us improve. Please take a moment to share your perceptions. Thanks
Monday June 20th at the Orrville Community Centre
Seguin Senior speakers Series commencing at 2:00 pm. this weeks topic is “Healthy Aging through Healthy Living”.
Speakers presenting are: Heather Fisher Registered Dietitian at the West Parry Sound Health Center, Katie Hogue Nurse Practitioner of the Rosseau Nursing Station, and Kristen Millett Exercise Specialist at the West Parry Sound Health Center. Light refreshments served.
Seguin Family Fun Night June 24th
Friday June 24th at 6:00 pm at the Rosseau Waterfront. Please join us as we celebrate our amazing volunteers. There will be a water ski/flyboard show by Summer Water Sports (SWS), musical entertainment by local musician Jeff Young, food and a licensed cash bar. Please RSVP to JJ at email@example.com or 705-732-4300 x263
Septic Reinspection & Lake Stewardship Programs
Inspectors will be visiting properties in the Horseshoe Lake area.
We encourage property owners to use this as an opportunity to address any concerns they may have about their septic system. Inspectors are able to answer questions and provide DVD’s and brochures containing information about understanding and maintaining your septic system. These materials are available upon request.
Please contact Keirsten and Erin of the re-inspection program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (705) 746-7566 ext 205 with any questions or concerns.
Thank you for your co-operation as the Seguin Township and North Bay-Mattawa Conservation Authority work closely together with every resident to ensure we preserve the pristine beauty of this area for generations to come.
Every lake resident can be part of the Stewardship Seguin program – the guideposts are shown below – your involvement is just a call away 705 732-4300 – JJ or Dominique.
Summer Speaker Series
A summary of the June 20 Seguin Council Meeting.
- Proceed with the following planning applications: Consent B-2015-0005-F (Jacques). Resolution No. 2016-197. Rezoning R-2016-0006-H (Martins). By-law No. 2016-037.
- Contact the Parry Sound High School commencement ceremonies organizers to obtain information on the event and presentation of the Seguin awards. Advise the organizers that Councillor Collins will present the awards. Provide Councillor Collins with the required information and contact person.
- Contact the Applicant of Shore Road Allowance Application No. RAS-2016-0001-F (Ellington) and schedule a meeting of the Applicant, staff and the Ward Councillor to discuss the application.
- As per Staff Report No. AD-2016-004 and direction of Council, prepare amended Terms of Reference for the various committees/boards for Council consideration. The Committee of Adjustment composition will be 7 members of whom 2 will be members of Council. The Museum Committee composition will be 7 members of whom 1 will be a member of Council. The other amendments will be as per the Staff Report July 4th Meeting.
- As per Staff Report No. AD-2016-004, post notice seeking letters of interest to fill the vacancies on the various committees/boards. Prepare the letters of interest for consideration by Council at a future meeting.
- Forward a copy of the corporate resolution re: signing authorities to TD Canada Trust. Resolution No. 2016-200.
- Provide 2 tickets each to the Festival of the Sound Piano Spectacular to the following organizations/events for fund raising purposes: Rosseau Classic Cruise. Canada Day Fire Works in Orrville.
- Forward a donation to the Rosseau Agricultural Society to assist with the costs of the Rosseau Fall Fair. Resolution No. 2016-201. Advise the Fair organizers that Mayor Gibbon and Councillor Hepworth will join the Fair parade; both will walk in the parade. Advise the Fair organizers Council has directed staff to commence the process to temporarily close portions of streets in Rosseau for the Fall Fair.
- Advise the organizers of the Puck & Ball Tournament that Council has approved a noise by-law exemption for the event. Resolution No. 2016-202.
- As per the request of Daryle Moffatt and various property owners, prepare the required easement agreement for Council consideration.
- Confirm the date and time of the presentation of the Parry Sound Area Regional Marketing Plan to take place at the Stockey Centre and email the information to Council.